Gifts for... the Powder Chaser
For the Powder Chaser
Only two more weeks till Christmas WOW December is moving FAST!
We have you covered- there’s still time to order from KAD - especially you Ontarians I think you can last minute the heck out of this holiday! Even international customers- we will work on making it work for you. AND there’s always gift certificates… phew!
We are expecting a massive snow storm tomorrow here in TO and this week’s gift guide is alllll about the powder! For the downhill and cross country and everything in between- the toboggan lovers and cocoa by the fire crowd— we have KAD gifts to warm the coldest hearts.
I’ve also done a round up of my fave super wintery gifts for you- some are high on my list this year! I’m feeling all the holiday feels— yay LET IT SNOW!!!
- The BEST toques in the known universe- Mischa Lampert- Brooklyn-based, small, made to order. I have three, they are incredible. People always stop me on the street and thank me for wearing these hats! This is the one I’m dreaming of right now! https://mischalampert.com/collections/multi-pom-beanies/products/unicorn-pohawk
- For the COLDEST days and hottest lewks- this is a love at first sight kind of hat. It’s a new to me brand, Yves Solomon, a sustainable upcylced fur designer from France who is NOT afraid of colour HALLELUJAH!!! I am reaaaaally hoping these sunshine yellow earmuffs will be under the tree for me this year :) https://narwhalboutique.com/products/ear-muffs-in-yellow?_pos=5&_sid=9b610093e&_ss=r
- I’m obsessed with these boots. They are SO comfy and shiny and cute - they look great with everything and I love them! They’re also super warm and cozy and do pretty well on the ice! https://www.getoutsideshoes.com/collections/size-40-european/products/maypol-womens-marlee-in-oro-negro?variant=40242392694829
- Manitobah are indigenous owned and fabulous as well- I can’t get enough of the pompom boots- they’re extra warm, waterproof, super comfy and verrrrry chic! https://www.manitobah.ca/collections/womens-winter-boots/products/waterproof-snowy-owl-mukluk I have had a pair for 6 years (and many km’s of snowy hikes!) and they’re still going strong!
- Last year for xmas my wonderful studio interns gave me a Donna Wilson sweater and I basically wore it every day for the whole winter! I love everything Scotland-based DW makes- she is so creative! This year I have my eye on this woolly beauty: https://www.donnawilson.com/product/rainbow-arms-sweater-blue
- One of my all time favourite sweaters EVER was attacked by moths - it’s under repair, no fear! It’s DEEEPLY cozy and SO warm and soft… from a little local gem here in Toronto, the Cashmere Shop. I think it could be time for another one- I noticed it comes in red now!!! https://thecashmereshop.com/collections/cashmere-matching-sets-for-women/products/narrow-boyfriend-cowl-red
- Once you’re all cozy and aglow from the snowy outdoors, it’s super nice to snuggle up by the fire with a good book! I can’t wait to read Patti Smith’s new book of days- her memoir Just Kids was so great. https://www.mcnallyrobinson.com/9781039002074/patti-smith/a-book-of-days
- And let’s not forget that hot chocolate!!! These cocoa balls from Stubbe are a huge hit with all ages and actually very yummy!! https://www.stubbechocolates.com/product/hot-cocoa-bomb-set-of-four/35?cp=true&sa=false&sbp=false&q=false&category_id=6